How can business leaders, governments, and other key stakeholders work collaboratively to make measurable, sustainable, and accountable progress on ESG goals and commitments?
This was one of many prompts discussed at the in-person, interdisciplinary event, Reimagining the Role of Business in the Public Square, on Thursday, September 15, 2022 on the Harvard Business School Campus, co-hosted by Harvard Law School’s Center on the Legal Profession, Harvard Business School’s Institute for the Study of Business in Global Society, Harvard Kennedy School’s Center for Public Leadership, and Harvard University’s Data Science Initiative.
- Kenneth Chenault, Chairman and Managing Director, General Catalyst
- Arnold Donald, CEO, Carnival Corporation & plc
- Kenneth Frazier, Executive Chairman of the Board, Merck
- Gary Gensler, Chairperson, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Julia Hoggett, CEO, London Stock Exchange
- Sherrilyn Ifill, President and Director-Counsel Emeritus, NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Fred Krupp, President, Environmental Defense Fund
- Satya Nadella, Chairman and CEO, Microsoft
- Deval Patrick, Co-Director, Harvard Kennedy School’s Center for Public Leadership
- Brad Smith, President and Vice Chair, Microsoft
- . . . and many more
Want to receive the latest issues of The Practice for free? Subscribe now to stay up-to-date.